Searching for budget-friendly health insurance in the UAE? Vital for any visitor or new resident to have great coverage for medical matters. Read this article to learn how and where to get health insurance for visit visa holders in the UAE.
If you’re coming to the UAE, health insurance is a must-have. Medical care here is expensive, so having coverage can give you more peace of mind.
When you come to the UAE, you need an insurance plan that covers both inpatient and outpatient services, as well as any complications. To get the right health plan for visitors, start by researching insurance companies that provide coverage for travelers. There are many different types of plans out there, so make sure to find one that fits your needs and budget.
Compare several plans before buying one. Also, make sure the plan is accepted by hospitals and clinics when you get to the UAE. You should also check for any restrictions, like pre-existing conditions or other factors that could limit your coverage when in the UAE. Additionally, some companies may require medical documentation or a medical exam before giving coverage, so be sure to double-check these requirements before you purchase a plan.
Types of Health Insurance for Visit Visa in UAE
If you’re visiting the United Arab Emirates and staying for more than 30 days, you’ll need a visit visa or entry permit. And, you must have comprehensive health insurance that is valid in UAE emirates.
There are two types of health insurance: short-term and long-term. These cover hospitalization expenses, medicines, ambulance services, and more.
- Short-term health insurance is for trips lasting less than 6 months. It includes pre-existing illnesses, repatriation, maternity coverage, and more. Premiums depend on your duration of stay, age, and medical history.
- Long-term health insurance is for stays of over 2 years. Coverage includes emergency visits, prescription drugs, ambulance service, pre-existing conditions, and repatriation. Premiums may be higher than short-term plans.
Note that most insurers won’t cover HIV/AIDS or other contagious diseases. Plus, getting coverage can take several weeks. So, start early!
Eligibility Requirements for Health Insurance for Visit Visa in UAE
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has a comprehensive health insurance system that covers both citizens and visitors. Health insurance for a visit visa in UAE is a must, no matter the stay length.
Requirements to be eligible for the purchase of a health insurance plan include:
- Residence in UAE for 6 months or less.
- Valid visa or work permit for family members and employees.
- Medical coverage for illnesses, diseases, or accidents during the period of stay.
- Applicant must be medically able and above 18 years.
- Applicants not legally able to enter into a contract with an insurer may need to become part of the sponsor’s policy or get coverage in their home country before the travel.
- Premiums and benefits vary by insurer. Some might need an initial premium and/or an annual maximum benefit limit.
- Outpatient and hospital benefits, emergencies, specialist visits, diagnostic testing, and second opinions are usually included.
It is important to compare all options available before buying health insurance for a visit visa in UAE. Coverage, premiums, and benefits should be checked carefully. Research different insurers’ products before making a decision. Family members can ask their sponsors what health insurance policies they use for compatible products. Passports, visas, and residence permits should be ready for application for health coverage quickly.
Benefits of Health Insurance for Visit Visa in UAE
Having health insurance while in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a must – especially if you’re on a visit visa. With health coverage, you can access medical services throughout the UAE. It has many benefits too!
- Peace-of-Mind: Medical insurance ensures you get quality healthcare without worrying about money.
- Affordability: You can find a plan to suit your budget.
- Range of Plans: From basic to comprehensive care, there’s something for everyone.
- Geographical Coverage: Most plans cover worldwide.
- Wide Range of Benefits: Coordination and management of post-discharge services, home care services, air ambulance assistance, evacuation for serious accidents and illnesses, repatriation cost cover, emergency room cover, dental cover, and more!
- Ambulance Services: 24/7 ambulance service in case of emergencies.
Having a reliable health insurance provider is essential when visiting or living abroad in the UAE. This gives you security and peace of mind during your stay.
How to Apply for Health Insurance for Visit Visa in UAE?
Nonresidents in the UAE must have health insurance. Getting a visit visa can be easy. Here’s what to know:
- Know needs. Check coverage needed, budget, pre-existing medical conditions, and type of medication/treatment.
- Research. Compare plans and prices online or offline. Read through policy info. Ask questions if unsure.
- Choose provider. Make sure they are authorized and have efficient customer service. Check fraud protection measures.
Cost of Health Insurance for Visit Visa in UAE
Health insurance for visit visa holders in the UAE is a must. The coverage level depends on the insurance firm and plan chosen. Most insurers offer different packages and coverage levels.
As per the Dubai Health Authority (DHA), it is compulsory to buy insurance offering:
- Inpatient hospital care with a limit of AED 150,000 per illness or injury.
- Maternity benefits up to AED 15,000.
- Medically needed doctor visits up to AED 500 each.
- Medical evacuation if required and okayed by your insurer.
- Reimbursement for any outpatients costs (up to AED5000).
- Emergency dentistry treatment up to AED 3,000 per year.
- Repatriation costs in case of death or serious illness/injury resulting in hospitalization outside UAE.
- Prescription medicines up to AED 2,500 per year.
The cost of health insurance depends on age, type of visa, coverage needed, and how long you stay in the country. To get an estimate, contact an insurance provider and compare different plans from various insurers. Pick one that suits your needs and budget best.
Visiting the UAE? Need health insurance? No worries! There are loads of options. Get a local plan from a provider, or apply for international coverage with AXA or Cigna. You can even use an exchange, such as Health Insurance International, to get a plan used by ex-pats.
But don’t forget to do your research! Compare policies for the duration of your stay. That way you can get the best coverage for the cheapest price.
Frequently Asked Questions about Health Insurance for Visit Visa in UAE
Do I need health insurance to enter UAE?
Yes! All visitors must have valid health and travel insurance before entering. People over 70 may need extra documentation or an enhanced policy.
What types of policies are there?
There are travel policies for those on visit visas in UAE. Coverage can include death or injury protection, medical costs for pre-existing conditions, repatriation costs, and legal costs.
How long does the coverage last?
Policies are different for each provider. Some give coverage up to a year depending on circumstances. Be sure to check how long your policy covers you before purchasing.
Are there any benefits?
Benefits depend on the insurer. These may include emergency evacuation, 24/7 assistance, access to online support networks, and discounts on medical care abroad. Check with your provider for exact details prior to purchase.