Verizon insurance, also known as Wireless Phone Protection, is a device protection plan that covers your phone against loss, theft, damage, and malfunctions. It is offered by Asurion, a third-party provider that is contracted by Verizon.
To enroll in Verizon insurance, you can purchase it when buying a new phone from Verizon or add it to an existing line later. The insurance cost varies based on your phone type, typically between $4.25 to $7.25 per month.
Verizon insurance is ideal for protecting phones from unexpected incidents, especially for those prone to losing or damaging their phones.
Benefits of Verizon insurance include:
- Coverage against loss, theft, damage, and malfunctions.
- Easy enrollment and claim filing.
- Competitive prices.
- Wide range of coverage options.
Drawbacks of Verizon insurance include:
- Monthly premium payment.
- Deductible for each claim.
- Availability of certain coverage options may vary for different phones.
Overall, Verizon insurance offers a convenient and affordable solution to safeguard your phone and provides a reliable backup plan in case of any mishaps.
Who is Eligible for Verizon Insurance (Wireless Phone Protection)?
The following are the eligibility requirements for Verizon Wireless Phone Protection:
- You must be a Verizon customer with a postpaid account.
- You must have purchased or upgraded to a new device within the past 30 days.
- Your device must be in good working condition and not have any damage.
- You must have a valid credit card on file with Verizon.
- It has not been lost or stolen.
- It is activated on a new service line (not an existing line).
How Do I Get Verizon Wireless Phone Protection?
To get Verizon Wireless Phone Protection, you can follow these steps:
Using the My Verizon website:
- Visit the My Verizon website and log in to your account.
- Click on the “Add-ons and apps” section.
- Look for the “Wireless Phone Protection” section and click on “See all eligible add-ons“.
- Scroll to the Wireless Phone Protection option and click on “Get it now“.
- Follow the prompts provided to add Wireless Phone Protection to your account.
Using the My Verizon app:
- Open the My Verizon app on your device and sign in to your account.
- Scroll through the main page until you find the “Device Protection” section.
- Tap on “Learn More” within the Device Protection section.
- Select the lines you want to be covered by tapping on “Enroll” for those lines.
- Choose the “Wireless Phone Protection” option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the enrollment process.
Please note that eligibility for Wireless Phone Protection may vary based on factors such as device type, age of the device, and account status.
It’s always a good idea to review the terms and conditions associated with the protection plan before enrolling to ensure it meets your needs.
How Do I File a Verizon Insurance Claim?
To file a Verizon insurance claim, follow these steps:
Make sure you are the Account Owner or Account Manager and have your Verizon Account PIN ready.
If your device is lost, stolen, or damaged, you have a few options to file a claim:
- Visit Asurion’s website: Go to Asurion’s website and find the claims section. Provide the necessary details about your device and the incident. You will also need to pay the applicable deductible when filing the claim.
- Call Asurion: Contact Asurion directly at (888) 881-2622. A representative will assist you in filing the claim and provide instructions on the next steps.
Use the My Verizon app:
- Open the My Verizon app on your mobile device.
- Tap the Menu icon (usually found in the top left corner).
- Then, select “Devices” and find the lost, stolen, or damaged device.
- Tap “Manage device” and choose “Lost, stolen, or damaged device? Start a claim.”
- Follow the onscreen instructions, enter the necessary information, and complete the claim process.
If your device is experiencing a malfunction covered by the warranty or post-warranty, you can check repair eligibility in the My Verizon app or by contacting Verizon directly. They will guide you on the subsequent steps for repair or replacement.
How many claims can I file with Wireless Phone Protection?
You are allowed to file up to 3 claims within a 12-month period for Wireless Phone Protection. It’s important to note that this limit excludes cracked-screen repair claims.
The maximum coverage amount for device replacement will depend on your specific device, with a limit of either $400 or $3,000.
Where can I find the Terms & Conditions for Wireless Phone Protection?
You can check the Device Protection Terms & Conditions online.
How do I cancel Wireless Phone Protection?
To cancel Wireless Phone Protection and receive a prorated refund of your monthly charge, follow these steps:
- Access your My Verizon account. You can do this by visiting the Verizon Wireless website and logging in with your account credentials.
- Once logged in, navigate to the “Add-ons and apps” page. You can usually find this option under the “Account” or “Manage” section of your account.
- Look for the section that displays your current device protection options. Find the entry for “Wireless Phone Protection“.
- Click on the option to remove or cancel Wireless Phone Protection. The exact wording may vary, but it should be clear that you’re opting to cancel the service.
- Follow any additional prompts or confirmation steps that appear on the screen to confirm the cancellation.
After canceling Wireless Phone Protection, you should receive a prorated refund for the remaining portion of the monthly charge.
Remember, if you plan to switch to another device protection option, do not remove Wireless Phone Protection directly. Instead, enroll in the new option from the Add-ons and apps page. During the enrollment process, you’ll be prompted to remove Wireless Phone Protection, ensuring you maintain your device protection eligibility.
Note: Keep in mind that if you cancel Wireless Phone Protection, your current device may not be eligible for any other device protection option unless it meets the eligibility requirements specified by Verizon.