Franciscan Health accepts a wide range of insurance plans, including:
- Commercial insurance plans, such as Aetna, Anthem, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, UnitedHealthcare, and many more.
- Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans.
- Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits.
Overview of Franciscan Health
Franciscan Health was established in 1876 by the Sisters of Perpetual Adoration. Over 18,000 workers and 3,000 doctors make it one of the Midwest’s major Catholic health systems. Many services are offered by Franciscan Health:
- Hospitals: Franciscan Health operates 12 hospitals in Indiana, Illinois, and Michigan, offering acute care, emergency care, surgical care, maternity care, pediatric care, behavioral health care, and more.
- Other Care Sites: Franciscan Health also has many other care sites, such as urgent care centers, express care clinics, primary care offices, specialty clinics, outpatient centers, home health services, and hospice services.
- Centers of Care: Franciscan Health has several centers of care that focus on specific areas of health, such as cancer care, heart and vascular care, orthopedic and spine care, neuroscience and stroke care, women’s health care, and senior health care.
- Clinical Services: Franciscan Health provides a variety of clinical services, such as laboratory services, radiology services, pharmacy services, rehabilitation services, wound healing services, and sleep disorder services.
Insurance Plans Accepted by Franciscan Medical Group
Franciscan Medical Group is the physician network of Franciscan Health, which includes Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, Harrison Health Partners, and The Doctor’s Clinic locations.
Franciscan Medical Group accepts a wide selection of health insurance plans, but since plan coverage is frequently updated, it is recommended that you check with your insurance company for current information. The following insurance plans are accepted by Franciscan Medical Group:
- Commercial: These are private health insurance plans that you may get through your employer or purchase on your own. Some examples are Aetna, Cigna, Humana, Kaiser Permanente, and United Healthcare.
- Medicare Advantage: These are health plans offered by private companies that contract with Medicare to provide Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) and Part B (medical insurance) benefits. Some examples are Aetna Amerivantage, Humana Gold Plus, and United Healthcare AARP Medicare Advantage.
- Managed Medicaid: These are health plans offered by private companies that contract with Medicaid to provide Medicaid benefits. Some examples are Amerigroup, the Community Health Plan of Washington, and Molina Healthcare.
- Government: These are health plans offered by federal or state agencies to provide health coverage for certain groups of people. Some examples are Labor & Industries (workers’ compensation), Medicaid (low-income), Medicare (seniors and disabled), Railroad Medicare (retired railroad workers), TRICARE (military), and USFHP (uniformed services).
Other Insurance Resources Offered by Franciscan Health
Franciscan Health also offers other insurance resources to help you find the best plan for you and your family. Some of these resources are:
Health Insurance under the Affordable Care Act
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) seeks to make health insurance more cheap and accessible for Americans. Buy a health plan via the Health Insurance Marketplace and you may qualify for financial aid to cut your monthly premiums or out-of-pocket payments under the ACA. Online enrollment and plan comparison are available on the Marketplace website.
If you live in Washington state, you can use Washington Healthplanfinder™ to shop for health insurance under the ACA. Washington Healthplanfinder™ is a state-run website that connects you to quality health plans that fit your budget and needs. You can also apply for Apple Health (Medicaid) or other public programs through Washington Healthplanfinder™.
Medicaid is a joint federal-state program that provides health coverage for low-income individuals and families who meet certain eligibility criteria. Medicaid benefits vary by state but generally include doctor visits, hospital stays, prescription drugs, preventive care, and more. You can apply for Medicaid through your state’s Medicaid agency or through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
How to Sign Up for Health Insurance?
If you need help signing up for health insurance, you can contact Franciscan Insurance Services at 1-866-903-0436 or visit their website. Franciscan Insurance Services is staffed with experienced and licensed agents who can assist you in selecting the plan that is right for you. They can also help you with other insurance products, such as dental, vision, life, and travel insurance.
Understanding Franciscan Health’s Billing and Insurance Process
After you receive care at Franciscan Health, you may have questions about the billing and insurance process. Here are some steps to help you understand and manage your bills:
Accepted Insurance Plans
Franciscan Health accepts most major insurance plans, but it is your responsibility to verify that your plan covers the services you receive. You can check the list of accepted insurance plans on the Franciscan Health website or call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card.
How to Determine Coverage for Services?
Before you receive any services, you should contact your insurance company to find out what your benefits are, what your copayments, deductibles, and coinsurance are, and if you need any prior authorizations or referrals. You should also ask about any limitations or exclusions that may apply to your plan. This will help you avoid any unexpected charges or denials of coverage.
Financial Assistance Options
If you do not have insurance or if you have difficulty paying your bills, you may qualify for financial assistance from Franciscan Health. Franciscan Health offers financial assistance for both insured and uninsured patients who meet certain income and eligibility guidelines. You can apply for financial assistance by filling out an application form and providing proof of income and expenses. You can also request a payment plan or a discount for prompt payment. For more information, visit the financial assistance page on the Franciscan Health website or call 1-866-903-0436.