Walmart Vision Center accepts most major vision insurance providers, including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Davis Vision
- Cole Managed Vision
To see if your specific insurance provider is accepted, you can call your nearest Walmart Vision Center or visit the Walmart Vision Center website.
Walmart Vision Center also accepts out-of-network insurance. If your insurance provider is not listed above, you may still be able to use your insurance at Walmart Vision Center.
You will need to contact your insurance provider to find out how much of your vision care costs will be covered.
How much does an eye exam cost at Walmart?
An eye exam at Walmart will generally cost somewhere between $50 and $100 without insurance.
But prices vary by store, so be sure to call ahead of time.
In a survey of optical centers and doctors’ offices across the country, the average cost for an eye exam at Walmart in the continental U.S. was $73.
The price can go higher depending on the location of the Walmart Vision Center that you’re visiting or if you need additional services such as contact lens fitting or visual field screening.
What is the difference between Walmart Vision and Walmart Vision Center?
There is no difference between Walmart Vision and Walmart Vision Center. They are both names for the same service that Walmart offers.
Walmart Vision Center is a section of the store that provides eye exams, glasses, contacts, and other eye care products and services.
Walmart Vision Center is also the name of the website where you can shop for eyewear online.
However, you cannot order prescription glasses or contacts online from Walmart Vision Center.
You can only order non prescription readers and sunglasses.
If you want to order contacts online from Walmart, you have to use a separate website called Walmart Contacts.
What is the cost of glasses at Walmart Vision Center?
The cost of glasses at Walmart Vision Center depends on the type of frames and lenses you choose.
Frames start from $10 to $40 for basic styles but can go up to $200 or more for designer brands.
Lenses are separate from frames, and they range in price from free with the purchase of frames to $135 for no-line bifocals.
What is the cost of contact lenses at Walmart Vision Center?
The price of contact lenses at Walmart Vision Center varies based on the brand and type you select.
Contact lens boxes start at $14, while certain brands can reach prices of $80 or higher.
What is the cost of sunglasses at Walmart Vision Center?
The cost of sunglasses at Walmart Vision Center depends on the type of frames and lenses you choose.
Frames start from $10 to $40 for basic styles but can go up to $350 or more for designer brands.
Lenses are separate from frames, and they range in price from $40 for basic tinted lenses to $50 for polarized lenses.
What is the process for using my insurance at Walmart Vision Center?
Here are the steps on how to use your insurance at Walmart Vision Center:
- Call ahead to make an appointment.
- Bring your insurance card with you.
- At the appointment, provide your insurance information to the staff.
- The staff will determine how much of your costs will be covered by insurance.
- You will be responsible for paying any copays or deductibles.
- If you need to purchase vision care products, you will be able to do so at Walmart Vision Center.
- The staff will help you find the products that are covered by your insurance.
- You will be responsible for paying any remaining costs.
What are the benefits of using Walmart Vision Center?
Some of the benefits of using Walmart Vision Center are:
- You can get affordable and quality eye care services, such as eye exams, glasses, contacts, and repairs.
- Select from various eyewear styles and options that cater to your personal taste and financial constraints.
- You can enjoy the convenience of having your eyes examined and buying your eyewear at the same place where you shop for other items.
- You can use your vision insurance to cover some or all of the costs of your eye care needs.
- You can order nonprescription readers and sunglasses online and get free shipping on all orders.
What are the drawbacks of using Walmart Vision Center?
Some of the drawbacks of using Walmart Vision Center are:
- You may not find the brand-name frames or lenses that you want, as Walmart mostly sells generic eyewear.
- You may have to wait longer for your glasses or contacts to be ready, as Walmart does not have an in-house lab to make them.
- You may not be able to order prescription glasses or contacts online from Walmart Vision Center, as they only sell nonprescription readers and sunglasses online.
- You may have to pay more out-of-pocket if your vision insurance is not accepted by Walmart Vision Center or if it only covers in-network providers.
- You may not get the same level of personalized service or attention as you would at a smaller or independent optical center.
What are some alternatives to Walmart Vision Center?
Some of the alternatives to Walmart Vision Center are:
- Online sellers: Companies like Liingo, Warby Parker, and Zenni offer many of the same online features as Walmart Vision Center’s website. You can order prescription glasses and contacts online, get free shipping, and try on frames virtually or at home.
- Wholesale clubs: Stores like Sam’s Club, Costco, and BJ’s Wholesale Club all offer vision care services at a discounted rate. You can get eye exams, glasses, contacts, and other eye care products and services. You may need a membership to access these services.
- Optical chains: Stores like LensCrafters or Pearle Vision offer a wide range of brand-name frames and lenses, as well as eye exams and contact lens fittings. They may accept your vision insurance or offer special discounts and promotions.
- Private practices: You can also see an optometrist or ophthalmologist in a private practice or a medical center. They may offer more personalized service and attention, as well as more advanced eye care services if you have a serious or long-term condition. However, they may charge more than store-based locations or have limited availability.
What is the best time to go to Walmart Vision Center?
The best time to visit Walmart Vision Center is on weekdays, specifically in the morning or early afternoon.
During these periods, the centers are generally less crowded, resulting in shorter waiting times.
It’s advisable to schedule an appointment beforehand if you can go during the week, guaranteeing a convenient time slot and minimizing your waiting duration.
Alternatively, if weekdays are not feasible for you, you can consider visiting Walmart Vision Center on the weekend.
Nevertheless, be prepared for lengthier waiting periods. Moreover, please note that certain Walmart Vision Centers may be closed on Sundays.