Colonial Health Insurance is a type of voluntary insurance that provides supplemental benefits and financial protection for individuals and families in case of unexpected illness or accident. It is designed to complement your health insurance by helping you with the expenses that your health care plan may not cover, such as deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance, and prescriptions. Colonial Health Insurance is offered by Colonial Life, a leading provider of voluntary benefits for over 80 years.
Overview of Colonial Health Insurance
What it Covers?
Colonial Health Insurance covers a range of situations and needs, such as:
- Disability: If you are unable to work due to a covered illness or injury, Colonial Health Insurance can provide you with a monthly income to help you pay your bills and maintain your lifestyle.
- Accident: If you or a covered family member suffer a covered accidental injury, Colonial Health Insurance can pay you a lump sum or a series of payments to help you with the medical and non-medical costs associated with the accident.
- Cancer: If you or a covered family member are diagnosed with cancer, Colonial Health Insurance can pay you a lump sum or a series of payments to help you with the treatment and recovery costs associated with the disease.
- Critical Illness: If you or a covered family member are diagnosed with a covered critical illness, such as a heart attack, stroke, or kidney failure, Colonial Health Insurance can pay you a lump sum or a series of payments to help you with the medical and non-medical costs associated with the condition.
- Dental & Vision: If you or a covered family member need dental or vision care, Colonial Health Insurance can help you pay for the services and supplies you need, such as exams, cleanings, fillings, glasses, and contacts.
- Hospital Indemnity: If you or a covered family member are hospitalized due to a covered illness or injury, Colonial Health Insurance can pay you a daily benefit to help you with the expenses associated with your stay, such as room and board, transportation, and childcare.
- Life: If you or a covered family member passes away, Colonial Health Insurance can pay a death benefit to your beneficiaries to help them with the financial impact of your loss, such as funeral costs, mortgage payments, and education expenses.
Types of Plans Offered
Colonial Health Insurance offers different types of plans to suit your needs and budget, such as:
- Individual Plans: You can choose the coverage amount, benefit period, and premium payment frequency that best fit your situation.
- Group Plans: You can enroll in a group plan offered by your employer or association, which may offer lower rates and easier underwriting than individual plans.
- Guaranteed Issue Plans: You can get coverage without having to answer any health questions or undergo any medical exams, as long as you meet the eligibility requirements.
Advantages of Choosing Colonial Health Insurance
One of the advantages of choosing Colonial Health Insurance is that it is portable, meaning you can keep your coverage even if you change jobs or retire, as long as you continue to pay your premiums. Another advantage is that the benefits are paid directly to you, not to your healthcare provider, so you can use them however you like, such as paying for your rent, groceries, or car repairs.
How to Get a Quote?
If you are interested in getting a quote for Colonial Health Insurance, you have several options to contact Colonial Life, such as:
- Phone: You can call the toll-free number 1-800-325-4368 to speak with a customer service representative or a licensed agent who can answer your questions and provide you with a quote.
- Online: You can visit the website coloniallife.com to learn more about the products and services offered by Colonial Life, and use the online tools to get a quote, compare plans, and enroll online.
- Mail: You can fill out and mail the postcard that you may have received from Colonial Life, and they will send you a free information kit and a quote for Colonial Health Insurance.
Key Benefits of Colonial Health Insurance
Colonial Health Insurance can provide you with several key benefits, such as:
- Supplemental Benefits: Colonial Health Insurance can help you fill the gaps in your health insurance coverage, and reduce your out-of-pocket costs for medical and non-medical expenses related to your health condition.
- Financial Protection: Colonial Health Insurance can provide you with a source of income or a lump sum payment in case of unexpected illness or accident, which can help you avoid financial hardship and debt.
- Peace of Mind: Colonial Health Insurance can give you the peace of mind that you and your family are protected from the financial impact of life’s unexpected challenges, and that you can focus on your health and recovery.
About Colonial Healthcare and Their Providers
Colonial Healthcare is a primary care medical practice that offers a wide range of specialties and diagnostic services to meet the healthcare needs of families in South Carolina. Some of the services offered by Colonial Healthcare include:
- Family Medicine: Colonial Healthcare provides comprehensive and preventive care for patients of all ages, from newborns to seniors, including physical exams, immunizations, chronic disease management, and minor procedures.
- Internal Medicine: Colonial Healthcare specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of complex and chronic medical conditions affecting adults, such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, and kidney disease.
- Pediatrics: Colonial Healthcare offers pediatric care for children from birth to 18 years old, including well-child visits, developmental screenings, immunizations, school and sports physicals, and acute care.
- Women’s Health: Colonial Healthcare provides women’s health services, such as gynecological exams, pap smears, breast exams, contraception, menopause management, and hormone replacement therapy.
- Urgent Care: Colonial Healthcare offers urgent care services for non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries, such as colds, flu, allergies, infections, sprains, fractures, cuts, and burns.
- Occupational Medicine: Colonial Healthcare provides occupational medicine services for employers and employees, such as pre-employment physicals, drug testing, workers’ compensation, and injury care.
- Allergy & Asthma: Colonial Healthcare offers allergy and asthma services, such as allergy testing, immunotherapy, pulmonary function testing, and asthma education.
- Cardiology: Colonial Healthcare offers cardiology services, such as electrocardiograms, echocardiograms, stress tests, holter monitors, and pacemaker checks.
- Dermatology: Colonial Healthcare offers dermatology services, such as skin cancer screenings, biopsies, excisions, cryotherapy, and cosmetic procedures.
- Gastroenterology: Colonial Healthcare offers gastroenterology services, such as colonoscopies, endoscopies, liver biopsies, and treatment of digestive disorders.
- Neurology: Colonial Healthcare offers neurology services, such as nerve conduction studies, electromyograms, electroencephalograms, and treatment of neurological disorders.
- Podiatry: Colonial Healthcare offers podiatry services, such as treatment of foot and ankle problems, diabetic foot care, wound care, and orthotics.
- Rheumatology: Colonial Healthcare offers rheumatology services, such as treatment of arthritis and autoimmune diseases, joint injections, and infusion therapy.
- Sleep Medicine: Colonial Healthcare offers sleep medicine services, such as sleep studies, diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders, and CPAP therapy.